Events in the Tri-Cities Area
20th Annual Wayne Scott Strawberry Festival
May 20 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Admission to the festival is free to the public.
The Wayne Scott Strawberry Festival is intended to promote community spirit and neighborly support. Handmade Crafters, Churches and Non-Profit Organizations are the focus, but retail vendors are also welcome!
Festival coordinators reserve the right to deny any product or vendor. Please be as specific as possible when describing items. Applicants must submit photos of their product for review. Applicants may email their photos to [email protected], but make sure to include the applicant’s name in the email. Vendors may also submit hardcopy versions at the Tourist Information Center off Exit 32 in Unicoi.
Booth spaces are 12’x12’. The boundaries of each space will be marked with spray paint and the booth number will be marked in the center. It is important that these boundaries be observed to respect neighbors’ rental spaces. All booth fees must be paid by check, cash or money order no later than May 12 at 5 p.m. or the vendor will not be allowed to participate. No refunds after May 1.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Any vendor not abiding by the Strawberry Festival Rules and Regulations may be asked to leave the festival grounds and will forfeit their space and booth fee.
2. Festival hours are 10 a.m through 5 p.m. Your signature on this application confirms your participation and agreement to adhere to festival rules and regulations. You may set up your booth from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. the day of the festival.
3. To maintain the integrity of the festival, vendors are required to maintain their booths until 5 p.m. Any vendor that breaks down early will not be allowed to participate in next year’s festival.
4. All exhibitors must provide their own tents, shelves, tables, and chairs. The area around the booth space must be kept free of litter. Electricity spaces are limited, so please register early if you are requesting such a space. There is an additional $15 charge for electricity.
5. All vendors may need to collect and submit Tennessee State Sales Tax. The State of Tennessee Department of Revenue will provide sales tax forms for collection (if applicable). Please contact Kim Berry, TIA Tax Enforcement Division at (423)854-5364.
7. All vendors must staff their own booths. The event organizers or venue owners are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Vendors are responsible for their booth and merchandise. Tents are not provided, but encouraged. It is required that all tents be tied down in case of high winds (stakes AND weights required).
8. No jumping jacks or fireworks of any kind; Chinese throwing stars; blow dart guns; weapons or toys imitating weapons or like products are allowed within festival grounds.
9. The booth must only contain the items listed on the attached application. You are not allowed to sell your booth to another vendor and/or organization, nor are you allowed to give your booth to another vendor and/or organization.
10. Cancellations made before May 1 are eligible for a full refund less a $10 administrative fee. No refunds after May 1.
11. The festival will be held rain or shine. No refunds are given for inclement weather. Additionally, no refunds will be given for any natural disaster, such as, but not limited to tornadoes or flooding, that occur or other uncontrollable circumstances that would require festival cancellation, including, but not limited to, COVID-19.
TERMS & PAYMENT
The Town of Unicoi is the organizer of the event and reserves the right to refuse any vendor or product. Coordinators will contact you via email or telephone ONLY IF your application has been rejected.
To determine your booth number please email [email protected] or call (423)735-0517 no earlier than 3 days prior to the event. You may also check the website at UnicoiTN.net
All booth fees must be paid by check, cash, or money order no later than May 12 at 5 p.m. or the vendor will not be allowed to participate in the festival.
Email [email protected] or call (423)735-0317 for questions or more information.
Get in touch with us to add your event here!